by Craig Juntunen
It has been quite a journey
In 78 days, we visited 60 cities during an 18,000 mile bus ride. The journey ended with a mile and a half walk making a statement that adoption is an important and viable solution for kids without parents. The tour succeeded in identifying and forming the core membership of the UN-STUCK MOVEMENT. The tour was supported by over 850 volunteers and the Step Forward for Orphans March was literally a critical step forward with individuals traveling from 37 states to participate.
The STUCK tour was beyond description. We met and interacted with compassionate people who care about making wrong things right. The reception and treatment we received in every community was humbling and inspiring. I will never forget the graceful human decency that enriched my life. I am a better man for the experience and especially for the friends I have made during the STUCK tour. More importantly, I connected with thousands of passionate people that can create a force to produce the outcome of a family for at-risk kids.
A powerful will to produce change was linked together during the course of the tour and the UN-STUCK MOVEMENT was born. Movements are very effective agents of social change, but they are not created out of thin air. They have a life cycle: they are created, they grow, and they either succeed or fail in producing real results. Our movement, like all movements, requires a vision, leadership, money and staying power. Movements begin to succeed when they are able to mobilize sufficient resources to take action.
How we make an impact is up to us
We must take responsibility for leadership, make sacrifices and hold ourselves accountable to ensure we do produce results. As I have said before, the UN-STUCK MOVEMENT will be a results-driven effort.
Once we procure the necessary funding, a sampling of our next steps are:
• Open our Washington, DC office, hire full-time staff and build necessary infrastructure.
• Establish 50 BEB state organizations and plan UN-STUCK marches in each state for May 2014.
• Plan and organize the Summit of Nations meeting to take place in Fall 2014.
• Launch iAdopt International Advisory Services and begin to facilitate cross-border knowledge sharing.
• Produce success story series as a revolving weekly feature on our web site.
To facilitate on-going communication we will have an regularly scheduled UN-STUCK MOVEMENT Stakeholder conference call the first Tuesday of every month at 4 PM EST. Our next call will be June 4th. An email will be sent in advance with call-in information.
To ensure the success of this movement, we encourage open communication. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time, for any reason.
Things you can do TODAY to keep the momentum going are:
1. Promote STUCK. It is important to continue to expose the issue! You can do so by leveraging your social media lists and encouraging as many as possible to invest 82 minutes to learn about this issue at STUCKDocumentary.com.
2. Help us connect with sources of funding. Our continued success will be a function of funding.
3. Expand awareness, interest and support in your community. Be bold and innovative to organize future events.I consider it an honor to be part of this team and I look forward to continuing to work with all of you.
This was sent as an email to our Both Ends Burning supporters. Would you like to receive updates from us? Sign up today!